Collegiate Challenge is a unique one-week volunteer program where college and sometimes high school students come to Cabarrus County during their Spring Break to learn about substandard living conditions and how affordable housing builds strength, stability and self-reliance for homeowners. They work on the build site all day and stay at local churches, shower at the West Cabarrus YMCA and have meals provided to them from the community.
2020 Collegiate Challenge Schools
Waynesburg University is a private, Christian university located in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. This is their 8th year in a row volunteering with Habitat Cabarrus.
Westminster College is a private, 4-year, co-ed, liberal arts college located in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania.
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy is a tuition-free, residential education program in Aurora, Illinois for 10th through 12th grade students.
Thank you to these local businesses and organizations that are helping us with 2019's Collegiate Challenge by providing for our Collegiate Volunteers.
- St. James Lutheran – Concord
- First Presbyterian – Concord
- Connect Christian – Concord
- West Cabarrus YMCA
- McGill Baptist – Concord
- Kannapolis Area Presbyterian Men
- Mt. Hermon Lutheran – Concord
- Calvary Lutheran – Concord
- Central United Methodist Men
- Chick Fil A – Concord Parkway North
- Chick Fil A - Concord Commons
- The Concord Rotary Club
- Terri Vickey/Atrium Healthcare
- Royal Oaks United Methodist Church
- The Home Team Realty Group, Inc
Here’s how you participate:
- Gather a group of five or more participants
- Everyone must be 16 years of age and older
- Pick a local Habitat and work week from our site lists
You will have the chance to:
- Improve your skills
- Connect with new people in a new place
- Put your faith into action
- Make a difference in Habitat for Humanity’s work of eliminating substandard housing
For more information or to sign up, visit the Habitat International website.